Effing Feline overindulges #wewriwa

I, Effing Feline, don’t feel two good right now, so . . . right to business.

I’m continuing with snniipets . . .  a snippet from my pett hooman’s WHIP . . . . er, WIP. It’s called, an’ I’m gonna type reel careful now — The Seven Foot Cupid

Lasht weak we met Ember Dayle. Shee’s upset ’bout something. Here whee start to fined out what.

Although it carried no water, the sand underfoot was damp, which was troubling. This broad, shallow ravine must’ve been filled recently with a fast-flowing mountain stream.

Frowning, Ember looked up at the clouds then checked her comm unit. No rain in today’s forecast, hence no danger of flash flood. She walked across the sand, occasionally hopping over a rivulet, until she reached the sight that bothered her so much.

It was a hole in the ground.

A brand new hole, which was worrisome. It was a yard across—and round. Not sort-of-round. A perfect circle.

Why? How?

Effing Feline here again. I gotta go. In kase yur wondrin, I’ve had too much cantip . . . uh catnip.

Be sure to visit the other great writers in Weekend Writing Warriors and Snippet Sunday.

The Seven Foot Cupid

Book One in the Passion Island Trilogy
A locked-in-a-room romance

Ember prides herself on handling anything her newly colonized planet can throw at her. After a head injury shakes her confidence, she’s determined to prove herself again. She gets her chance when she’s ordered to explore a mysterious new cave.

Tyler, an explorer from a rival town, is given the same task. Like Ember, he’d been in an accident – – but his entire team died, leaving him drowning in survivor’s guilt. When he meets Ember, he’s drawn not only to her beauty and toughness, but by how well she deals with her accident.

Booker, a naïve Apprentice Cupid for a secret organization, receives his first assignment: get Ember and Tyler together. His strategy: lock them in an abandoned cabin together so they get to know each other.

He doesn’t realize he’s locked them in with . . . something else. Something dangerous. Something no human has ever seen.

1. Hey, Effing – why not enjoy yourself?

1. Ed Judi Hoornaert · · Reply

There’s such a thing as enjoying oneself too much.

2. It’s hard for him to enjoy himself and type, as you can see.

3. Well, that’s certainly mysterious! Of course flash floods happen because there was a storm upstream, maybe even miles away so your character better still be vigilant! (Seen a few doozies in SoCal). Enjoyed the snippet and can’t wait to find out more abouit the goings-on.

1. Ed Judi Hoornaert · · Reply

A flood will become important later on, though not quite yet.

4. So glad your illness isn’t worse than a little over indulgence in catnip, Effing! Go find a spot of sunshine and sleep it off. 🙂

Yeah, the perfectly round circle does not bode well. (I suddenly thing of one of my fave movies, Tremors!). Hope she doesn’t have giant worm problems! Great snippet!

1. Ed Judi Hoornaert · · Reply

Ooo, giant worms. Why didn’t I think of that?

5. A hole like that could hide all sorts of nastiness!

1. Ed Judi Hoornaert · · Reply

And it does, it does.

Feline needs to sleep it off lol.

1. Ed Judi Hoornaert · · Reply

Sleep . . . he’s very good at that, you know.

I’m very curious about what caused that hole as well. Though I don’t know if I’d check it out by myself.

1. Me neither, but it’s her job. Plus, she’s trying to prove herself after an accident that kept her off the job for months. So she’ll investigate it, all right.

2. I’m glad. I wasn’t sure if it was sufficiently unusual to capture readers’ attention.

3. Oh, but Ember is a heroine! No mystery is too big for her to handle.

That’s a good question. This is a mystery.

1. Any guess as to what the hole is about?

9. that hole sounds mysterious.

1. Very much so. That’s why Ember, as an encro (what they call professional explorers on this planet) is duty bound to explore it.

10. A bit of mystery for sure. I’m curious to know how the hole came to be and how it is perfectly round.

1. I’m glad it has you wondering, Karen.

11. Curiouser and curiouser. Fun snippet.

12. Ok – now that has me curious. A mysterious perfectly around hole and the threat of a flash flood – what could go wrong.

1. Oh, I can think of a few things. (makes evil cackling sound).

13. My first thought is Tremors. I hope for her sake she hasn’t come across a giant sandworm nest.

1. Sandworms, eh. We’ll see!

14. My first thought was what others have said, Tremors. LOL. Although didn’t the Silver Surfer do the same thing in the movie? Hmmm.