|The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA, Inc.) is pleased to announce the nominees for the 54th Annual Nebula Awards, including the Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation, the Andre Norton Award for Outstanding Young Adult Science Fiction or Fantasy Book, and for the first time, the Nebula Award for Game Writing. The awards will be presented in Woodland Hills, CA at the Warner Center Marriott during a ceremony on the evening of May 18th.
Yesterday you saw the finalists for best novel, novella, novelette, and short story. Today you get the rest of the finalists.
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Charlie Brooker (House of Tomorrow & Netflix)
- The Road to Canterbury, Kate Heartfield (Choice of Games)
- God of War, Matt Sophos, Richard Zangrande Gaubert, Cory Barlog, Orion Walker, and Adam Dolin (Santa Monica Studio/Sony/Interactive Entertainment)
- Rent-A-Vice, Natalia Theodoridou (Choice of Games)
- The Martian Job, M. Darusha Wehm (Choice of Games)
The Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation
- The Good Place: “Jeremy Bearimy”, Written by: Megan Amram
- Black Panther, Written by: Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole
- A Quiet Place, Screenplay by: John Krasinski, Bryan Woods and Scott Beck
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Screenplay by: Phil Lord and Rodney Rothman
- Dirty Computer, Written by: Janelle Monáe and Chuck Lightning
- Sorry to Bother You, Written by: Boots Riley
The Andre Norton Award for Outstanding Young Adult Science Fiction or Fantasy Book
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt; Macmillan)
- Aru Shah and the End of Time, Roshani Chokshi (Rick Riordan Presents)
- A Light in the Dark, A.K. DuBoff (BDL)
- Tess of the Road, Rachel Hartman (Random House)
- Dread Nation, Justina Ireland (Balzer + Bray)
- Peasprout Chen: Future Legend of Skate and Sword, Henry Lien (Henry Holt)
About SFWA, Inc.
The purpose of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America is to promote, advance, and support science fiction and fantasy writing in the United States and elsewhere, by educating and informing the general public and supporting and empowering science fiction and fantasy writers.