Effing Feline documents animal cruelty #8Sunday

I, Effing Feline, told you last week about my hard, hard life, having to put up with a seven-month-old baby. To show you what I mean, I’ve found a monstrous video showing some of the torture babies perpetrate on us poor cats. I won’t show you the video until after today’s snippet. You would be too traumatized to read Ed’s little scribblings.

Once again, the snippet is from Mr V’s science fiction romance, Rescuing Prince Charming. During the most harrowing — and exciting — ten minutes of Dusty Johnson’s life, she and her mysterious alien companion found a saboteurs’ time bomb, carried it out of the prototype starship, and tossed it into the ocean, where it exploded harmlessly. The bomb may be gone, but their adrenaline isn’t. They embrace.

He made no attempt to hide his erection. Instead of being repelled, she pressed her abdomen against him and said, “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but . . . we’ve got to do something about this.”

She hadn’t consciously decided to have sex. Her body had decided for her, and it didn’t want to waste a micro-second of this intoxicating euphoria. Dusty Johnson, who always planned three steps ahead, was living in the moment. And glorying in it.

“Inside.” She grabbed his hand and tugged him toward the sliding door. “Hurry, before you freeze to death. And before everyone returns and catches you like this.”

Effing Feline here again. Here’s the video I promised you. Are you brave enough to watch these horrors?
When you’ve recovered from the shocking cruelty of this video, visit other writers in the Weekend Writing Warriors and Snippet Sunday.

Important, life-changing
news flash!

I, Effing Feline, am getting a second weekly gig on Ed’s blog!
Check back Monday for “Vintage Effing Feline!”
I’m so excited — and I know you are, too!

So come back here Monday for “Vintage Effing Feline.”
That’s an order!

Rescuing Prince Charming: A Native American Sci-Fi Romance

From time to time, Ed creates “travel posters” for his science fiction books. Here’s one he just finished for Rescuing Prince Charming.

Some of you may remember the scene where Reese throws the bomb off the balcony into the ocean. This photo of a Vancouver Island fjord, even though it isn’t a Kwadra Island fjord — sorry, but after all, they’re physically they’re the same — may help you visualize Reese’s throw.

Yes, I know there’s a typo, and no, Ed’s not perfect. Unlike me.

Rescue your own prince charming at these fine outlets:

1. Poor Effing! Torture!

I love the travel poster. And I’m also looking forward to more of Effing’s inimitable wisdom.

1. It’s strange to hear ‘Effing’ and ‘wisdom’ in the same sentence.

2. I wonder if someone will catch them, even if they try to avoid an audience.

Those babies are lucky they weren’t bitten or scratched!

1. Read on to find out, Carrie-Anne,

3. Oh, the horror. Babies (shudder).
    The snippet was much more pleasant.

1. Uh . . . you don’t like babies? You and Effing, eh.

4. Things are heating up here 🙂

1. When they get inside it’ll get even warmer (they’re outside in November at the latitude of the northern US).

Yes, adrenaline will make you think only in the moment. Great snippet!

1. And it can make you take more chances than you usually would.

6. Seize the moment! Good for her – great snippet

1. Thanks, Adriana!

7. The adrenaline has gotten to them them. Going from explosive to hot.

1. Yep, heating up rapidly.

Hot snippet! The cats & babies had me on edge. I was so afraid the baby would get scratched or bitten. Sorry, Effing. I’m a dog person. My mother’s cat was nasty.

1. Hmm. Did your mother’s cat have a kitten named Effing?

9. A sizzling snippet Ed – Effing, I have to say most of those cates were extraordinarily patient – those terrifying little babies were extremely lucky! 🙂 I have to admit to being more of a dog and horse person myself, but this was a nailbiting video!

1. Compared to a horse, the kittens treated the babies marvellously. Just think, one little stomp, and . . .

10. I think they’re both caught up in the afterglow of the near death experience. The adrenaline as someone said above. A different snippet! But I’m glad they survived for more adventure…

1. Yes, they shift abruptly from a tense ‘chase’ sequence into an amorous sequence.

Oh, my! I might just need to read this snippet a second time. Yum-yum! And congrats to Effing on his Monday spotlight! 🙂

1. A second time or even a third!

I hope they find a place that’s a little more private. LOL

1. Never fear! The hero (still nameless at this point) knows exactly where to take her.

13. About time! 😉 Also, I’m glad those kitties kept their claws in, because they did not look impressed. 😉

1. The kitties weren’t impressed, and neither was Effing, since he considers this video animal abuse.

14. Those cats are very tolerant of the babies.
    I wonder if your “hot” couple will find a private place or if you have another surprise for them.

1. To Dusty’s surprise, the hero (who’s new to the project) knows exactly where to take her.

HOT stuff, Ed! Then you segue to babies and cats. My cats had the sense to stay out of reach of my drooling grabby kids, even when they got to be adults! How to see you at the Book Fair next weekend!

1. I’ll keep my eyes out for you. I’ll be signing books for a while, but not the whole time.

That’s an upstanding snippet, Ed.
    Effing, we taught our five babies how to pet our kitties. “Gently, gently!” We don’t have any video because we were closely supervising them, holding their hands so they got the feel of gentle stroking. To this day, when our grown children come home, the cats run out from their hiding places to greet them. So, no, not all human infants torment cats.

1. I, Effing Feline, salute you, Andrea!

17. Well, that was certainly very impulsive behavior on Dusty’s part. I wonder if everything will go as she hopes?

1. She’s definitely taking more a chance than she usually would.

18. Cute snippet 😉

19. elainecsc2013 · · Reply

Facing death obviously had an effect on them! The video is cute. I have a picture of my son trying to eat a kitten when he was about six months old.

1. Trying to eat a kitten? Gosh, I hope Effing doesn’t read this comment. He’d be out to get you for sure.

20. They’re behaving like a couple teenagers. Hope mom and dad don’t get home early.

Yay for Effing! He needed that second gig. 🙂

1. The adrenaline that comes from cheating death is powering both of them back to their youths.

21. That adrenaline will get you every time–right below the belt. Hope they find a room! Effing, I don’t know if I can take two days of your brilliance. One wears me out for a whole week!

1. When I read this message to him, he purred.

22. Oh, poor Effing! Hang in there!

This was kind of where I was expecting the butt-grabbing to end up. This would be a really funny place for someone to find them, though!

1. You believe embarrassment and humiliation are humor, eh?

1. Schadenfreude. 😉

23. Find some privacy – STAT!

1. They will. Read on!