For week 25 of the Marketing for Romance Writers blog hop, the prompt is:
Favorite Books to Read
I’m a re-reader. That means if I like a book, I’ll it more than once. If I really, really like it, I’ll read it a dozen or more times. My record is for Dune, by Frank Herbert, which I read somewhere over thirty times. I suppose that makes it my favorite . . . but there have been so many books in the meantime!
Here are a few of them. By the very nature of often re-read books, none of them are terribly recent.
- Most of the science fiction books of Jack Vance, such as Trullion: Alastor 2262, Blue World, and the Lyonesse trilogy.
- The romances of Kathleen Gilles Seidel, such as Again, The Same Last Name, and A Risk Worth Taking. Some are out of print, which is a shame.
- The five books in Elizabeth Moon’s Vatta’s War space opera series, which starts with Trading in Danger and then Marque and Reprisal. I’m re-reading this series now.
- A few of Georgette Heyer’s historical novels, such as Cotillion, The Unknown Ajax, and Sprig Muslim.
- Of my own books, I’m particularly proud of The Trial of Tompa Lee, The Guardian Angel of Farflung Station, and Escapee (which is a finalist for a 2017 RONE Award).
What about you? What are some of your favorite reads?
Click here to check out the cool romance writers taking part in this blog hop. Maybe you can pick up a few new favorites of your own.