Each month, the Science Fiction Romance Brigade showcases members. The Brigade is a group of authors who write — what else? — science fiction and romance. Its members include many of the biggest names in the field.
And then there’s me.
Future Love is Live
What better way to participate in the showcase than to celebrate a new release?
As of June 30, Future Love is available at the special introductory price of just 99c.
Future Love is my fifteenth published book. That includes science fiction, contemporary romance, sci fi romance, and programming how-to’s.
But this slender tome is special. It’s my first-ever collection of short stories. Some have been previously published; others are virgin
tails tales exposed to reader eyes for the first time.
In the future, love will get even tougher . . .
- To Cry in Zero G – A spaceman wins the woman of his dreams. Too late.
- Devil, Devil – A stranded time-traveler yearns for the love he abandoned in his past.
- Thimbleriggers – A crook invents a new form of pornography but it teaches him about love. Not sex.
- Audition at Sexsmith Station – A woman crosses the galaxy for revenge. But revenge isn’t as simple as she expected.
- Love and Death in a Teriyaki Cathedral – A man pursues his beloved beyond death, but finds only the evil in his own heart.
About the Cover
In designing this cover, I had three goals:
- Catch the eye even in thumbnail size. Hence the high-contrast colors and simple design, with few elements.
- Tell readers the book is science fiction. Hence the star field background, just in case the word ‘future’ isn’t enough (duh).
- Tell readers that while these stories revolve around love and have uplifting endings, not all are typical romances. Others explore unrequited love; a husband’s love for his dead wife; or high-tech love that transcends generations. Hence the teary eyes that nonetheless stare straight ahead, boldly and with determination.
The eyes are an original watercolor titled Yearning, by Linda Pajunen, a fine young artist from Finland. It was great working with you, Linda.
Step One (optional): Get Future Love for yourself at the introductory price of just 99c. Then get additional copies for your friends, family, and acquaintances. They’ll thank you, even if they’re merely being polite.
Step Two (mandatory!): Visit the other great writers in the SFR Brigade Showcase.