Every year, the Futuristic, Fantasy, and Paranormal chapter of the RWA runs two contests. The Prism contest is for works published in the previous year, and the On the Far Side contest is for unpublished authors.
The finalists of OTFS have been released and are listed below.
Personal aside #1: Several years ago, my Alien Contact for Idiots was a finalist in Futuristic category.
Personal aside #2: I was a contest judge who had the honor of reading one of the finalist entries. I loved it and feel it would be a worthy winner. From personal experience, then, let me say that the quality of these tales is very high. Congratulations to all!
- The Harbinger, Emily Meredith
- Lost in Transmigration, Tessa McFionn
- Book of Secrets, Claudia Blood
- Of Two Minds, Emily Clark
- My Hand Has Written Truth, Sandra J. Marten
- Star Gazers, Diana Rivis
- A Ghost of A Chance, Katie Baldwin
- Wolf, Interrupted, Jillian Stone
- A Child of Eden, Lauralynn Doran
- Heart of Bronze, Laurel Kerr
- Victoria Station, Emily Clark
- The Seductress, Jessica Grace Kelley
- Hellbound, Ashli Wade
- A Shadow’s Kiss, Grace Adams
- Dragon’s Spell, Gina Bono
- Desperate Sacrifice, Linda Schad
- Child of Destiny, T.E. Bradford
- Overlaird, A Novel of the Lairds of Light, C. D. Cutty
- Soren’s Resistance, Christine Gunderson
- Dark in Nature, Madeline Rue
- Society of the Living Dead, Catherine Avril Morris
- Winter’s Kiss, Bryonna Nobles
- A Destruction of Wildcats, Margo Bond Collins
- Much Like Falling, Laurie Treacy
- Awakened, Sydney Keys
- MortalDesire: Book 1 in theDistant Edge Romance Series (Witchy), Chloe Adler
- Renegade, Sara Avellino