The Hubble space telescope has revolutionized mankind’s notions of the cosmos. A few of its achievements:
- Determining the age of the universe (1.38 billion years)
- Discovering that the universe is expanding more rapidly now than in the past
- Proving the existence of black energy
- Discovering planets outside of our solar system
(Click here for a glimpse of NASA’s travel posters for some of these exoplanets)
- Increasing many people’s awe through the incredible beauties of creation
Scientists recently celebrated the 25th anniversary of Hubble’s launch. Here are some links to help you celebrate, too
- Happy birthday, Hub!
- Hubblecast Episode 84: A starry snapshot for Hubble’s 25th.
- Put Hubble on your desktop–deep space wallpaper.
- Hubble’s replacement, the James Webb space telescope, is now in testing.