To lighten your holiday season, here is some science fiction humor, gleaned from around the Web. First, some groaners:
How many ears does Spock have?
Three. A left ear, a right ear, and a final front ear.
What do you call an invisible robot?
Speaking as a writer, this next one is almost more painfully true than funny.
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great
When asked to define “Great” he said, “I want to write science fiction that the whole world will
read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make
them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!”
He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.
Speaking of writers …
Science fiction author Alex Bledsoe references a movie for his personal Favorite Science Fiction Joke … and it’s a goodie.
Several cartoonists have a great sense of science fiction humor. One that I particularly like is Mark Parisi’s OffTheMark.com. Here are a couple of his beauties, just to give you a taste.
And here’s my own rendition of R2-C Thru. Tell me honestly: Do I have a future as an artist?
For men only beyond this point. All earthlings of the female persuasion, please stop reading now. You’ve been warned!
Finally, some science fiction pick-up lines that are guaranteed to elicit a slap in the face, or perhaps a kick in more painful places. I hereby disclaim any legal responsibility for medical costs associated with people dumb enough to actually try these:
- Your mouth says, ‘Shields up!’, but your eyes say, ‘A hull breach is imminent.’
- I can’t help it — my eyes are trapped in the gravitational field of your breasts!
- Why don’t we head to my bedroom, peel back my Star Wars sheets, and discover what a true Jedi can do with his light sabre?
- Honey, you’ve been looking for love in Alderaan places!
- I may look like an Ewok, but I’m all Wookie where it counts, baby.
- What’s a girl like you doing in a place like this when there’s a Farscape marathon on right now on the Sci Fi channel?